MAKEUP ARTIST KALI LEDGER SHARES THE KEY TO HER CONSTANTLY CREATIVE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

by - 3:38 AM

Following creative makeup artists is our guilty pleasure when it comes to Instagram, whether it be a cool illusionist account or a trippy eye makeup feed. One of these addicting accounts is Kali Ledger, a German-based makeup artist, and influencer who stuns with her colorful, out-of-the-box makeup looks. Ahead, we chatted with Ledger about where she pulls inspiration from, her holy-grail makeup product and how she makes her own makeup rules. 


KK: First of all, thank you for allowing KK girlz style to have a chat with you, so Kali for those who aren't familiar with your work, can you tell them a little about yourself? 
KL: Hey there! My name is Kali and I am a German Photographer who loves Beauty and Makeup!

KK: Your not just a professional makeup artist but you are your model and photographer am I right? how did you get into this field? 
KL: I used to draw a lot and had a lot of concepts in my head that I wanted to realize. Makeup was just a new medium for me, and I fell in love with it. I use mostly my face for my photography because that means I can stay at home and work at my own time and with no given direction. It's very liberating!

KK: Each of your looks is unique and creative, what's the process like and how much time does one look take to create? 
KL: I usually start with the main color, a color combination, a new product, a new technique or find inspiration from other fellow artists. That helps me to get a base and from there I develop a mood and an editing style, I make a light setup and I think about clothing, contacts, hair, and accessories. One look alone can take from 1 to 5 hours to create and that's without retouching or color grading.

KK: Where do you get your inspiration from? 
KL: I like to stay away from Makeup Pictures as Inspirations because that leads to Recreation and not Inspiration and that's not a way to create unique pictures. I love to look at paintings, nature, and Moodboards.

KK: Is there a Makeup artist that you look up too? 
KL: @vladamua is one of the greatest Lip Artists out there and she is a photographer herself, which is why I admire her work even more. The same goes for @celine_bernaerts who is one of the most inspiration Makeup Artists out there. I am in love with both of them!






KK: How much has the makeup and beauty industry changed your life? 
KL: It made me realize that I don't like foundation. It sounds ironic, but I used to wear full coverage foundation, full coverage concealer and so on, now I barely wear a sheer serum foundation and it's all I need. Less foundation, more glitter, and rhinestones! That is my philosophy.

KK: Do you consider makeup an art or self-expression for you? 
KL: It's certainly both, I think art is very much self-expression.

KK: Is being a makeup artist is your full-time job or is it just a passion? 
KL: It started as a passion, but it's next to my studies a full-time job.

KK: Where do you see yourself in five years?
KL: I would love to move to the US (California) and work from there. I would love to continue my film studies there and just enjoy life!

KK: What are your five favorite beauty products?
KL: @revolutionpro Hydra Matte Setting Powder (the best setting powder that doesn't dry out your skin)
@deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation (best non-pore clogging foundation)
@mehronmakeup AQ Paint Palette (Best Paint Palette for any face and body paintwork)
@kissproducts Lashes (Lacey) (Lash Brand that everybody can afford and can be reused. Cruelty-free!)
@odenseyecosmetics Lip Stain Gloss (Gloss with staining abilities, can be used on cheeks as well!)


FOR MORE INTERVIEWS FOLLOW US, SO YOU DONT MISS OUT.

You May Also Like

0 comments